Is there usually somewhere or someone I can turn to with any problems, issues or concerns I might have during the academic year?

Most post-secondary institutions have an international student adviser assigned to assist international students and give them advice on housing, health insurance, financial issues and immigration concerns. Other services might include organizing orientation and special events, exchange opportunities and regular information sessions. Some institutions offer peer programs that match an international student with a Canadian student to help a newcomer with settling in on campus. Host family programs are also often available in which a Canadian family helps an international student integrate into Canadian life.