How do I apply to extend my temporary permit to remain in New Zealand longer?

As you must be on a valid permit at all times while in New Zealand, you must either obtain a further temporary entry permit to remain in New Zealand, or you may depart New Zealand and wait for your residency decision offshore (please advise your immigration officer of your contact details in this case). To obtain a further permit, you must meet the current policy requirements of the permit type you wish to apply for. Please refer to visit, study, and work, for further information and application forms.