How do I change from a visitor’s visa to a study permit while in Canada?

To change your status from that of visitor to student, you need to submit an application for a study permit at a visa office abroad. You may have to leave Canada if you are called for an interview to determine your eligibility. This process can take four to six weeks. List of the visa offices abroad.